We all know one thing, the market has not changed since last year and looks like it’s only getting crazier as the months move forward. Brokers are assuming that the extreme lack of inventory and buyers fear that interest rates hit 3.5-3.75% by the end of the summer is what is driving the market right now, but that does not change the fact that buyers want a competitive edge when writing their offers and money may not always be available… Sometimes it’s not even the answer!
Here is a list of some things you can do to make your offer stand out above the crowd:
– Write a letter (Yes, it’s cheesy, but will captive the seller and let them know who they are selling too)
– Make a personalised video (instead of the letter, yes even cheesier 🤣 but works like magic.
– Remove conditions that are not useful in your offer, but make sure to always stay comfortable and protected (Removal of rent between notary and occupancy dates, removal of document review [can be done before writing the offer] etc.)
– Broker communication As experienced brokers, we know that 50% of any transaction lies in collaboration between brokers, have your broker make 1,2 or even 3 calls to the listing broker to discuss your seriousness and straight forward intentions (It goes a long way, trust me.)
– Pre-plan conditions send in your offer with an inspection date already scheduled and that can show conditions will be taken care of quickly and efficiently.
These are just some ideas of what today’s buyers can do to make their offer stand out, but if you’re interested in learning more of our personalized tips and tricks, give us a call! Let us help you get your hands on that dream home once and for all!