Taking care of your home throughout the year is essential as an experienced home owner or a novice! This time of year is particularly important due to the change in temperatures. With cold weather and tons of rain coming our way in the next few months, it is important to winterize your home and make sure that it is ready for the upcoming seasons! Using this checklist may seem redundant or obvious, but with our busy lifestyles and schedules, this is an easy way to keep your home young and avoid heavy expenses and stress throughout the winter months!
Make sure to follow this checklist and tick off all the boxes before winter (ideally mid november) to secure your home and avoid as many unknowns as possible! If you are not sure how to do something, just call a professional!
1. Store outdoor tools and furniture
2. Remove hoses + Close outdoor water
3. Drain sprinkler systems and all hoses
4. Seal all openings/lose ends (caulking, mortar, siding)
5. Clean gutters and downspouts
6. Inspect Roof and soffits
7. Direct all water away from the house
8. Get your heating system serviced/cleaned
9. Winterize the exterior of your home (Prune plants, clean leaves, etc)
10. Repair any foundation cracks/openings.
Like this list? Contact us directly to get our yearly maintenance list that can help you prolong the lifespan of your home! We are not building inspectors or construction experts, but definitely homeowners just like our clients!